I was nominated for the “Beautiful Blogger Award” by Nine Writes! I don’t know much about Ms. Nine except to say that she’s prolific, witty, and has a commitment to the blogging community. Check her out! One post that I find particularly witty is a faux interview with John Steinbeck (a.k.a. “The Stein”).
Award details seem familiar:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you with a link.
- Copy and paste the award logo to your blog.
- Share five things about yourself.
- Nominate five other bloggers for the award and notify them.
Now for step three:
- I am currently driving around Nova Scotia in a rental car, seeing some sights and taking some photographs. This is an automated message. You’re welcome.
- I’m a Libra.
- When I was in high school, I used to wake up every morning at 6:30 so I could watch Thundercats and G.I. Joe before school.
- I used to say “wicked” a lot when I was growing up, but when I went to college I got made fun of so bad by people that I stopped saying it.
- I’ll be teaching a class on business writing in the fall of this year.
Now to nominate five beautiful bloggers. And I don’t intend to be sexist but… well, when I thought “beautiful blogger,” let’s just say that the first bloggers who happened to pop into my head are a few women I’ve been following:
- Michelle Proulex - lovely Canadian gal poised for success as a YA novelist.
- Ruth Rutherford – witty writer blogging about her life as a single professional woman in Washington, D.C. (I admire her tenacity, but after having lived in D.C. for 8 years myself, I’m tempted to just say, “It’s not you. It’s the $@*#&@ city which also happens to be the affair capital of the country.”)
- Nicole Helm – Romance novelist who has just had her second book accepted by Entangled Indulgence publishers. Woo-hoo! Congrats, Nicole.
- Ann Kathryn Smith – an intelligent, resourceful blogger with tons of detailed, thought-provoking writing tips on her site.
And now, for my token beautiful male blogger, last but not least…
JDC is my #1 commenter here at TLN. Check out his blog–he’s got some interesting projects in the works and a goofy avatar that makes me laugh every time I see it pop up.
That’s all for now, folks. Keep those cards and letters coming in…